Please read this privacy statement carefully before submitting any personal information. By your use of the Website and or use of any associated apps or services you confirm your consent to the use of your information as set out in this policy. If you do not agree with the terms herein then you must immediately discontinue your use of the Website and its services.
Our Commitment To Privacy
Hotspotbet ("we" or "us" or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this statement explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this statement easy to find, we make it available on our home page and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Application Of This Notice
This privacy statement applies only to the information collected by us from users of the Website. It does not apply to information collected by us in any other way, including any that is submitted to us offline.
The Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal information provided when you register for an account and all content, materials and information submitted to or uploaded on the Website.
- Information that you provide if you enter a competition or promotion on the Website or when you report a problem with the Website.
- Correspondence passing between you and us.
- Responses to any surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to participate in such surveys.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the processing of your account including details of your payment history, tournament fees and amounts that you have staked on games and the amounts that you have won or lost.
- Details of your visits to the Website or use of any associated apps, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own accounting purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We compile statistics that show the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website and its individual pages. The Website is not set up to automatically collect personally identifiable information from each visitor to it. It does recognize the home server of visitors, but not email addresses. For example, we can tell which Internet Service Provider our visitors use, but not the names, addresses or other information about our visitors that would allow us to identify the particular visitors to the Website. This information is used for internal purposes by our technical support staff, our agents and sub-contractors.
Ip Addresses And Cookies
We may collect information about your computer or device used to access the Website or the use of any associated apps including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, your location, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They are used to track how and when visitors use the Website and help us to improve the Website and deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store your passwords and information about your preferences so as to allow us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to the Website.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Certain portions of your personal data will be stored on servers in the European economic area and may also be transferred to and processed on servers situated in this jurisdiction. From time to time your data may also be transferred to and processed on servers situated in other jurisdictions for the purposes set out below, including backup and disaster recovery. Such processing may be performed by us or on our behalf, by our staff, agents and sub-contractors who may be located anywhere in the world. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this storing, transfer and processing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement and will encrypt certain portions of your personal data where appropriate, including payment transactions if applicable. If we ever decommission or reallocate any computer equipment we will ensure that all sensitive information contained on such equipment will be permanently erased either using specialist software or by physically damaging the equipment.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for preventing any unauthorized use of your account. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or uploaded on the Website, which takes place at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How We Use Your Information
We will use your personal information (such as your name, postal or email address or telephone number) for specific purposes which may include:
- Verifying your identity and age. This is because we need to know that you are who you say you are and that you are at least 18 years of age, or of at least the minimum permitted age for participating in such activities if you live or reside in a jurisdiction that stipulates a minimum age restriction that is greater than 18 years. By submitting your information, you authorize us to confirm the accuracy of the information you have submitted against government-issued ID or other reasonable means.
- Ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Carrying out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or our legal obligations imposed by our regulator(s) and/or any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Notifying you about changes to our service.
- Enabling the processing of payments from or due to you.
- Providing you with customer support.
- Statistical analysis and market research.
- Advertising and marketing activities. For example we may notify you of special offers and updated information regarding our various products and services and other products and services offered by carefully selected third parties if we feel they may be of interest to you. Such notification will be by email or by SMS text messaging (if you have opted in to such processes) and for these purposes we may enhance or merge information collected from you on the Website with data obtained from third parties.
At any time, you can easily opt in to or opt out of receiving further marketing from us or our carefully selected third parties by updating your account profile. Third party content may from time to time appear on the Website or be accessible from the Website via links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, you leave the Website and enter sites that may or may not have their own privacy statements. We have not reviewed, do not monitor and are not responsible for the content on such websites or for the terms of their privacy statements. Please check these statements before you access or submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosure Of Your Information
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Curacao eGaming will have access your personal information at all times. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in London), to improve the Website and for product development and marketing purposes generally. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Our agents or sub-contractors who are given access to your personal information will be required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can request a copy of the personally-identifiable information that we have collected about you via the Website by contacting our Customer Services team at the address below.
For the added security of your personal information, when you request a copy of the personally-identifiable information that we have collected about you via the Website you will be asked to provide us with proof of identification.
Any request for a copy of the personally-identifiable information that we have collected about you via the Website may be subject to a fee of $10 to meet our costs in providing you with this information.
You can also have factual inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you corrected by contacting our Customer Service team, who may require you to send in supporting documentation.
We may amend or vary this statement at any time and with immediate effect by updating this web page and, whilst we will seek to notify you of such changes beforehand, we may not always be able to do so, so you should check this web page every time you visit the Website to review the then current privacy statement.
The terms of this privacy statement are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Territory of Curacao and any disputes that cannot be resolved shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Territory of Curacao.
How To Contact Us
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices or to request a copy of the personally-identifiable information that we have collected about you via the Website please write to our Customer Services team at [email].